Meet Our Board
Leigh Ann Brown
Contract with State
who we are
The Friends of Fall Creek Falls are a non-profit (501(c)3) organization established in 1994 to support the Park through various efforts that incorporate the CARE program which has been established to assist in preserving the natural & cultural riches of Fall Creek Falls State Park.
Our purpose is to foster conservation and educational efforts in support of Fall Creek Falls State Park, and to assist the Park in its efforts to better preserve and protect its existing land resources. This includes but is not limited to the many natural, cultural and scenic features and to assist in providing quality recreational and interpretive experiences.
- More coming soon!
- Resurfacing of the Basketball courts
- Continuing inventory evaluation and improvements for increasing sales
- Dedicated month to assist the state in purchasing land for Fall Creek Falls State Park
- Donated money to assist the state in resurveying old park boundaries
- Assisted in numerous volunteer projects
- Purchase state of the art ultra-light stokes basket for rescues at the park
- Purchase 2 telescopes to be used at the Astronomy Weekends and with schoold groups
- Partnered with the Astronomy in the Parks Society
- Purchased a Polaris Ranger High Lifter and trailer for the park rangers at Fall Creek Falls
- Co-sponsored the Mountaineer Folk Festival, Wounded Warrior Hunt and Christmas on the Mountain
- Assisted with funding for new carpet at Group Lodge 1
- Purchased 2 AEDs for the park
- Added 32" LED TV added in Nature Center for promoting the park, the Friends and the Tennessee Arts Commission via an electronic slide show presentation about the park.
- Throughout the summer the Friends group is busy with Tie-Dye every Saturday
- Continue to provide staffing for Nature Center at a near full time capacity, aiding in park visitor assistance
- Much more!
- Building of 40 benches for Mountaineer Folk Festival
- Purchased sand for volleyball court in Campground A
- New roof for Nature Center through receipt of grant provided for by the State of Tennesseee
- Provided staffing for Nature Center at a near full time capacity, aiding in park visitor assistance
- Received $5000+ grant for the 2015 Mountaineer Folk Festival
- Much more!